Dr.G.Sakunthala College of Nursing is a branch of Dr.G.Viswanathan Institute of Medical Sciences and GVN Hospital. The motto of our institution from the time of its origin was ‘WE SERVE -TO HELP THE POOR’. Dr.G.Viswanathan Institute of Medical Sciences, Tiruchirappalli, was founded in the year 1985 by Dr.V. Jeyapal and Dr.V.Kanagaraj,(Managing trustees) the dutiful sons of Dr.G.Viswanathan to fulfil their father’s desire to improve medical education in Tiruchirapalli and its surroundings.In 1992, they started the educational wing GVN school of nursing ,Dr.G.Sakunthala College of Nursing in 1999 and ,and Post Graduate Programme in Nursing in 2004 . Now Dr.K.Govindaraj son of Dr.V.Kanagaraj and Dr.V.J. Senthil son of Dr.V.Jayapal are assisting their fathers in the smooth running of the Institution. Being an ideal Doctor endowed with a naturally kind and sympathetic mind, Dr.G. Viswanathan, observed with dismay the pitiable and helpless condition of the sick and diseased people in 1939 and almost took a vow to improve their health. To achieve the above object, he himself started the GVN Hospital 60 years ago and thereby gratified his noble sentiments to a certain extent by giving treatment to most of the patients free of cost, at the same time showing the utmost care to their welfare.
VJ7X+29J, Keela street, Murungapatti, Mutharasanallur, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620101