Kandaswami Kandar’s College
An Educational Trust Board was registered to initiate the ambition of the philanthropist Nanjai Edayar Sri Kandaswami Kandar. The Higher Elementary school was started in the year 1925. It was elevated into a High School in 1945. The President of the Trust Sri M.Parimala Kandar, and the Correspondent, Sri M.Rathinasabapathy BA.,B.T., were willing to take the noble mission of Sri Kandaswami Kandar further. The trust was started a college at Velur, a village situated on the bank of the river Cauvery in Namakkal District.
In the year 1962, the University of Madras granted affiliation for the Pre-University courses and later to Degree courses. In 1967 the college shifted to its own premises and Honorable C.N.Annadurai, the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu declared it to open. Now the Institution is perched in its own campus of 52 acres. In 1971 Postgraduate courses were started. The University of Madras approved the infrastructures and granted Research Programmes.
The College has obtained the recognition of the UGC under 2(f) category with NAAC accreditation. It is a Non-autonomous, Government Aided, Co-educational College. Since its inception it was affiliated to the University of Madras. Then it is affiliated to Periyar University, Salem from 1998 onwards. In 2013 the college celebrated the Golden Jubilee. Now dedicated President Dr.R.Somasundaram M.D. and the Management serve for the progress of the college.